Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Anniong! Let's Learn Korean..


As part of my goals in life, I already looked up for a Korean Language Course offerings. I have finally decided to study Korean over Mandarin (Mandarin used to be my top priority) since:
  • the sounds of the Korean Language seems to jive with how I pronounce S, hate to admit it, but I have a lisp on my S.. grrrrr.; 
  • Mandarin should have been studied while you were still young enable to capture the correct sounds and diction of the language. Even my cousin and nephew who studied in a Chinese school have difficulties in speaking and wirting the language. Paano pa ako
  •  I just have a big interest in Korean Culture these days, k-drama and k-pop to be more precise. I have been infected by the Hallyu wave along with the world. Hihi.
  • In preparation of my upcoming tour in South Korea. Weeeeeeee.. I just wish I will be granted with a visa!!!

And so I looked for schools where I shortlisted two.

1. Ateneo de Manila University
    Quezon City
    Php 4,500 for 30 hours of instruction (inclusive of instructional materials)
    starts on April 10, 9:00am - 12:00nn

*At least 10 should enroll for this course to pursue.

2. The Bridge Language Center
    Makati City
    PhP 7,750 (prmo rate already) for 32 hours of instruction (inclusive of instructional materials)
    No schedule yet since the Client Service Officer of The Bridge still needs to consolidate my schedule along 
    with my prospect classmates in this course. Oooohh I hope they can jive with my schedule.

I'm actually eyeing already for The Bridge because of its proximity despite its more expensive fee. And it also has good standards in teaching foreign languages so I really do hope our scheds will work out well. *cross fingers*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kia. Greetings from The Bridge! We are so thankful for the wonderful blog you posted about our school. Yes our group session may seem more expensive but that is because we limit the number of students in a group for them to have a more intensive learning experience. If you are interested, we will start a Korean class this coming Saturday, May 1. You can shoot me an email if you have more questions. My email is rmarte@bridgelanguagecenter.com or you can call me at 856-3585. We hope you choose Bridge as your language partner. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete