Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dwaejigogi Kimchijjigae at Seoul, Seoul Restaurant

I was craving for Korean food and so I ate at Seoul, Seoul in Alabang with a friend last week. We ordered Ojinguh Bokkeum or Stir-fried Squid and Dwaejigogi Kimchijjigae or Pork and Kimchi Stew. Ojinguh Bokkeum is 90% present whenever I am eating at a Korean restaurant and I say that Seoul, Seoul's version is not the best but passable enough. For the Kimchijjigae, it's my second time to eat this dish and I somewhat like this one better since the Kimchi is not dominating the taste but there is still room for improvement for it to be tastier. The price in Seoul, Seoul is a bit expensive compared to the restaurants in BF Homes, Parañaque and the taste is not even better as well.

Restaurant Review
Seoul, Seoul Korean Restaurant
Casa Susana, ATC, Alabang-Zapote Road
Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
Philippines

Food:  ♨♨
Price:
Service:  

*Five plates being the highest.
 
Dwaejigogi Kimchijjigae from www.seoulselection.com

Kimchijjigae tastes like Sinigang (Filipino sour soup), at least for me -- Sinigang with a twist. So I guess, that's why I like it. The sourness and spiciness blend very well and the taste is just right. Although, my Korean sonsaengnim said that most of his Filipino friends do not like this. Well, I am not one of them. 

So, now I am craving for kimchijjigae. I stumbled upon a recipe of it in My Korean Kitchen so I will try this out as soon as payday comes. Haha!

3 comments:

  1. wah! I know it's OT but let's try the Tom Yam at BamBu naman! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. sureness.. We can eat there anytime na, may pera na ako eh. Wahaha! It's Tom Yum nga pala. Just tell me when! ;p

    And for OT.. you can put it sa ShoutMix.. Kaya ko yan nilagay dyan.. for OT topics.. I realized I need one when I was going to comment about Lasertron in your blog. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I'm looking at BamBu's flyer, TOM YAM ang nakalagay. 5x pa inulit. I guess they didn't proofread. ^_^

    oh..ganun ba? Sorry mali pala yung post ng comment hehe next time.

    ReplyDelete