Friday, August 13, 2010

Goodbye, Momo.

It's been a long time since I owned a pet, again. More than a decade, if I remember it right. So Momoruru, or Momo for short, is such a dear pet dog to me. I got him from Dai after I graduated college and Momo is my dog ever since I started working. My pet for almost three years.



Momo


Momo when he was less than 1 year old.

Momo is not a pure bred dog. He's just a mixture of "askal" and some unknown bred dog. But his stature and built is big and macho so he doesn't look like any typical askal.

Since I am already earning my own money, I used to buy him Alpo dog food every payday. I also bought him dog bones and dog collars and even gave him part of my own childhood towel embroidered with my name to use. He can come inside our house at his own freewill. Sleep inside the house, go inside our rooms, even sleep in the sofa! Momo is the only dog who got this treatment and endearment from the family.

It has been about five days of sickness then he died. He really lost a lot of weight during those five days. He used to be botchog fat before that sickness. We thought he will recover after drinking Domoxicillin since he showed little signs of improvement. He was already wagging his tail and eating little by little although the heavy panting and lethargy are still there. We weren't able to have a Vet looked at him since my parents have no time and I have work. I just really thought back then that he will still recover from the illness (just like before). But then I thought wrong, on his last night, I saw the phlegm coming out from his nose -- thick densed phlegm. I got scared that moment and I asked Mama to REALLY bring him to the Vet the next day. But it was Momo's last night. Momo was found lying and hard in our garage at dawn.

I did not cry when I heard the breaking news (Papa only told me when I was about to go to the office). Crying is really not innate in me when hearing the news for the first time. Maybe it didn't just sink in to me. But it was HEARTBREAKING. The mere thought of going home without Momo is really depressing.

I will miss you Momo. I will miss patting your head. I will miss scolding you whenever you get jumpy and running like a cheetah inside the house. I will miss you peeping at the gate when you hear the broom of the trike when I arrive. I will miss you hunting for the mouse. I will miss you sitting by my side waiting for a bone or food. I will miss you barking and going up just to ask us to open the door for you because you want to get out. I will miss the elegance on how you sit and relax. And I will miss everything about you Momo.

Now, the incident really just sank to me now and the tears already shed. Momo will forever be in my heart. I love you Momo!

1 comment: