Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cheat Weekend with the Gentle Giants



May 14-15, 2011
Donsol, Sorsogon
(almost an hour and a half car ride from Legazpi)

Our company brought us to Donsol, Sorsogon over the weekend to swim with the gentle giants, or famously known as whale sharks or "butanding". Spotting a butanding after typhoon was really hard so we are very thankful that we chanced upon them. Seeing and swimming with them feels soooo surreal! It was an indescribable beauty when I was swimming on top of those big-gray-with-white-spots creatures of the sea.

As I am in this trip, I had a ceasefire with my diet. Travelling is not as happy without enjoying the local delicacies. It's my unwritten rule that whenever I travel, I do food tripping. So, I really did not care about not following my meal plan for the weekend. Although I (with the help of the watchful eyes of our dietitian, Laarni) kept eating in little moderation just to be sure that I am not getting out of track. It's not really bad to have your Cheat Days once in a while. It will help you to satiate those cravings and will rid of the feeling of deprivation.

I ate rice in every meal I had, from breakfast to dinner, though I kept it at 1 cup of rice only per meal. I ate all the ulam except the fats. And to put cherry on top, I had exotic flavors of ice cream (which I am not allowed to eat in my diet)!

Ice cream just after breakfast at 1st Colonial Grill Express, Legazpi.
Sili: the spunk of chili is just right. the spiciness does not linger in your mouth. two-thumbs up!
Malunggay: it's like chewing raw malunggay leaves! not that good.
Tinutong (Roasted Rice): super love it!

Breakfast at 1st Colonial Grill Express, Legazpi.
Garlic Rice, Egg, Daing (Abo), with Tomato and Atsara.

Lunch at Amor Restaurant, Donsol.
Rice, Inihaw na liempo, Grilled Talakitok, Pagui (Stingray) sa Gata, Shrimps, and Watermelon.

Breakfast at Vitton Beach Resort, Donsol.
Rice, Daing (Abo), Scrambled Eggs, Tocino, Corned Beef with Potato, Salad, and HOTDOGS!!!

I don't regret eating the foods I ate over the weekend. My tummy was exceptionally happy those times, and I am positive that I can lose the two pounds I gained. Don't deprive yourself, have fun once in a while. ;) Have your Cheat Day once in a while! :) Just don't abuse it.

Super thank you to Anxa for this wonderful experience! :) Nomu Nomu Nomu Kamsahamnida! ^^

P.S. I was looking foward to uber hot dishes of Bicol, however, the "hotness" I was anticipating is still not that hot for me. I guess they didn't gave it all out since we have foreigners in our lot.

P.P.S. I will never fly via Zest Air. They're the worst carrier. Our flight back to MNL was delayed for five hours! Why? The plane is still in Bacolod! The route? Bacolod-Manila-Legazpi! Oh c'mon! Their Airbus is even old enough that needs a lot of repair! No armrest on my seat. There are flies inside the plane! And.. I had the most shaky touchdown of my life! Good thing I didn't pay a cent for this flight. Oh I forgot to mention that they did compensate the five-hour delay through a merienda of so-so pancit canton and lukewarm softdrinks which I wasn't able to avail since they already gave the rest to the airport terminal staff since we're too late to claim them. They just changed the name but still Zest Air is Asian Spirit.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you'll post a photo of you and Ding together. ^_~

    Another cheat weekend, congratulations! haha Can't imagine how spicy ice cream tastes like though. hehe

    So what did you guys do while waiting for 5 hours? O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I get a chance to go back there, I'll have a picture with Ding! Haha!

    The sili flavored ice cream was yummy! Parang more of vanilla flavored ata with something else tapos yung spicy flavor ni sili. The bomb!

    We went to Pacific Mall to pass time. Sayang nga sana pala nakapunta na rin dun sa may Ruins..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wala nang ibang pics with the butandings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wala.. wala naman akong underwater cam eh..

    ReplyDelete