Monday, May 9, 2011

Dieting isn't just about Losing Weight

I am over with Phase 1 of Chauchard's Diet. And dear I was extremely happy with the results after two weeks (Phase 1 is for two weeks only). I lost a total of 11 lbs (5 kg)! I am more determined to continue this diet seeing and feeling the results!

I am now at Phase 2 and currently on my fourth week. I am breaking a new record for myself having been able to reach fourth week in dieting which is definitely a big surprise to me.

Aside from shedding off some weight, I have learned a lot in this diet.

1. Discipline. I mentioned in my previous blog that this is what I am lacking during the numerous attempts I had in dieting before. And this time, I finally got it. I don't know how but I was able to restraint myself from pigging out. I still have the urges to eat from time to time of course (that will take some time to fully rid in my system) but I am focusing hard not to touch any food. Mind over matter. Thankfully, I am succesful with it most of the time although I cannot avoid having free luncheons or eating out with friends so I admit I have my Cheat Days. Inspite of this, I still limit what I eat and don't totally abuse my cheat day.

I even wake up earlier just to eat my breakfast! I really don't eat breakfast so this is something new to me that I learned since breakfast is such an important meal.

2. Increase in EQ (in relation to Discipline). Food is something I don't say NO to. How can I resist those sumptuously smelling dishes and lusciously smelling desserts? But in this diet, I've learned saying NO even to the most delicious ube of Good Shepherd. I felt really tortured when my parents went home from Baguio bringing a bottle of Good Shepherd Ube and lots of strawberries and I can't eat it right then and then! And that same night, my sister brought home a chocolate cake. Aaarrgh! I was just on my second week of the diet then. But thanks to discipline and motivation, I said NO to them.

3. Cooking. Growing up with my Mom who does all the cooking along with a helper, I never really had much chance to cook real food myself. Well, I do cook hotdogs, instant noodles, canned goods, etc. with our microwave, if that counts. Before I started with this diet, I was already trying to cook little by little. But while on this diet, I am obliged to cook more often and prepare my own food to be sure that the diet specifications are being followed. I am now enjoying cooking simple dishes and experimenting on the taste of the spices! :)

It's only my mom (and sometimes my dad) who goes on grocery. Now that I have my own meal plan, I try to buy my own meats and other required food and it's sooo much fun doing the grocery! I am now learning how much a ground pork costs per kilo, the price of this and that, and which supermarket sells cheaper.

4. Saving. I just thought it would be better if I have rewards for myself whenever I was able to follow my meal plan to boost my motivation. So, I thought of a great idea to save! Whenever I am a "good girl" I bank PhP 20 per day on my malnourished piggy bank. By November, my piggy bank will be hefty fat just in time for my Land of the Morning Calm getaway. Haha! More budget for shoooopppinggg!

Its been reaaaaallllyyyy long since I finally able to seriously put my mind on dieting. Apart from losing weight, I am really happy with the lessons I am learning in the process. I can say that I have really come a long way already on my eating habits. Hear it from someone who have been 220 lbs before, can eat more than a platter of rice in a meal, eats two Breadtalk breads right after lunch and eats around five to eight times a day (or even more if I sleep later). If I can do this diet, the more any of you can do it if you just put your mind on it. It's never too late. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment