Sunday, May 1, 2011

Losing Weight the Dr. Chauchard's Way

Losing weight is an unfathomable feat for me. I can't even remember how many times I attempted but to no avail. Eating is something innate in me, I suppose? Whenever I see food on our table (or even it's just on the ref) I eat it whenever I feel like eating, even during the weee hours of the night. I love munching. I am a BIG and FREQUENT eater (as opposed to the small but frequent eater). And that's not a good combination, right? There were times that I was able to shed a few pounds by dieting, going to the gym or just because my mind is too preoccupied doing something else that I can't think of eating, or for whatever reason I have. But after a week or two, I'll go back to my usual eating habits. Just two weeks. I always have plausible excuses to my failed attempts. Period.

I am working in a company that sells weight loss programs in France. What are the odds, right? For three and a half years, I have full access to it but I haven't tried it myself. Not that I don't believe in our products but I am just too lazy to translate everything from French to English, or I am just making another excuse because I do not have the discipline at all. And the recipes are not "Filipinized" = harder.

One of our French coaches will be launched in the international market = ENGLISH! Whats even greater, our CEO, Fabrice Boutain, offered to help me. He arranged a meeting for me with our French coach, Dr. Claude Chauchard. Whoah! Just my luck! Before the meeting, I thought it will just be a casual meeting, explaining this and that. But I am wrong. Well he really explained how his program works. But along with that, Laarni, our in-house dietitian was assigned to closely monitor me, prepare my meal plans, and report everything to Dr. Chauchard and Fabrice. Ha! I quote Dr. Chauchard, "You have the system (the program), the assistance (Laarni).. What we need from you is, Motivation."

Motivation is actually one of the key components in losing weight. Without this, you'll never be successful in your goal. In my case, I always have the motivation but I never had the discipline to make it work. But now I have Laarni on my side to watch what I eat. Pressure is coming into me, since this was offered to me at no costs at all (Yes, you heard it right. Well except for the meals I will be eating, all the consultations, the program, and the assistance are all free of charge! What a great offer, right?! And Chauchard is a big time doctor in France!). But then I realized that this must be the time and opportunity I am waiting for. So, why not grab it? I have nothing to lose in this case, anyway. Maybe the pressure is all I need to get back in shape and eventually discipline myself in the process. So, I want to make it work. I want to make IT happen.

Timing and sequence are essential in the La Chrono Geno Nutrition (Chauchard's) diet. See what I mean here:

Timing:

  • I can only eat four times a day -- breakfast, lunch, 4pm snack and dinner. 

Sequence:

  • I have to eat ALL the rice (or any starch) first. Without any ulam. Although I can put soup or any sauce  for it to at least have a taste. Then, you eat ALL the meat followed by ALL the vegetables. Only then, you can drink water
  • Fruits and desserts should only be eaten between 4-5pm.
I never eat rice alone unless its fried rice and the like. That's enough for a big change to me. Moreover, the in between meals munchings I do are scrapped. But hey, no pain, no gain!

I started with the diet two weeks ago. It was not an easy thing for me to do but I want to prove myself that I can do it so I took this diet seriously. The meal plan is actually filling in the stomach, its a normal meal where I can still eat rice and meat. Hooray for that! I admit that I have the cravings to eat in between the required meal times. But I am so proud of myself that I was able to say no.to them about 90-95% of the time. Not bad for my first week. I am really happy with the results after Week 1, SEVEN shining POUNDS OFF my body! I even exceeded my quota of 4.4 lbs (2kg)! 

I am really thankful to our CEO for extending this opportunity to me, to Laarni who's been really helpful everyday, and to Dr. Chauchard's ingenious program. I want to make the big change happen. In this way, I can fully express my sincerity in thanking them. 

Cheers to a healthier life! 


A peek in my diet journal. Just a list of what I eat for the day to monitor.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Kiadoodles, this is IT! I really hope you can do it this time! ^_^

    Sorry for the kinulob last weekend though... hmmmm... I wonder what you'll do with the ENSOGO vouchers? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be my biggest cheat day! haha.. Already told Laarni about that when I started the diet, and no one can do anything to stop me from using those vouchers. Hahaha!

    Mira will be starting with the Cohen Diet next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kia,

    Perhaps I haven't googled enough, but could you kindly tell how much the Chrono Geno Nutrition Diet program costs? The Cohen program is around 50k+, is the CGN diet around the same price too?

    Thanks very much!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth,

    You can visit this site for pricing and more information:
    chrono-geno-nutrition.belletoday.com.ph

    Currently, CGN has an ongoing launching promo on Cash Cash Pinoy too. PhP 990 for three-month program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. missed that ccp. late ko na nakita. sana mag-offer sila ulet ng voucher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    Are the ingredients easy to find here in Manila?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JR :) try to buy pa rin sa site. It's pretty affordable pa rin. You could just try the 1-month offer for PhP 990.

    Hi Ruth :) Yes, the ingredients are easy to find here in Manila. They adapted the diet to fit the Filipinos already so it wouldn't be hard to do your grocery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. How long is your program? Is it the 6-month program or the 3-month program? :) Thanks! Really interested to avail the promo of CCP on this. :)

    ReplyDelete