Friday, May 20, 2011

Dancing Away with kPop

All of my friends know that I am infected by the Korean Wave or the Hallyu Wave. I don't deny that fact whatever other people say. Even if its jologs as others think of it. I don't care at all. And I don't even understand why others think of kpop fans as baduy, jologs, yucky, eeww, the list never ends. Other people are avid fans of Western bands/artists, and they don't say it's jologs. So what's the difference with the Korean (and Asian) artists? It just so happens that we have different tastes and preferences.Walang pakialamanan dba. And FYI, before being a star in Korea, they undergo YEARSSSSS of training. So, they are really capable of what they do. They became an artist not only because of their looks but because of their talent and hardwork.

Anyway, I am not here to put a debate on that topic. I just want to share my exercise habits while on this diet. So how is it related to Kpop? Well, I am not a fan of doing rigorous exercises. I am too lazy for that. I do like dancing, though. And I just soooo love how the Korean bands choreograph their dances. Their dance steps are so different from what I see in the West and in the Philippines.

So, isn't it a good idea to make use of what I really like, kPop, in exercising? That way, I will be more willing and engaged in exercising and best of all, I am having fun! I cannot do their dance steps well but it's enough for me that I can groove to their rhythm and I am sweating (and that's what's important, right?)!

If I am not jogging with my officemates after work, I usually pop in our player a DVD of my favorite Korean band, Super Junior, and dance and sweat as long as I can. ;)

It would be better if you do things wholeheartedly than halfheartedly. So, I suggest find a way how you can incorporate your likes in exercising. In that way, you won't feel forced or pushed doing it. Just my two cents.

Here is a video of Super Junior, dancing, Bonamana. I tell you, it's great. Haha! Check out 3:45-4:00, that's my favorite! :)


2 comments:

  1. some of them are gayish, though -.- i just like siwon, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, they act gayish lang. haha.. i think its normal to most of the korean males, though. haha! it's innate!

    ReplyDelete